I haven’t posted on here for a couple of days, mostly because we have been having a good time with our family. Here are Sunday and Mondays positives:
1) Despite the heavens opening as we were about to leave the house, the rest of the day was rain free. Actual sunshine and heat: lovely.
2) Went to Lac de Vassiviere, had lunch outside overlooking the lake and took a boat over to the island
3) Had a lot of laughs
1) Looks like the summer has finally arrived. It makes such a difference when the sun shines 🙂
2) We’re full in the bed and breakfast, so did breakfast, got two rooms ready and greeted the guests: everyone happy
3) Had a lovely evening with Andrea, and went on a nice evening stroll with Basil too. Life is good
Also, the first Felt.Buzz giveaway ended yesterday so we need to congratulate our winner of our mini witch/wizard hat: well done Gypsy Mortisha Cassavetes!
Have a lovely Tuesday 🙂
Morning all. Didn’t manage to write my three positive comments last night, so here they are now:
1. Number one has to be the weekend visit of Sian and Paul, my brother in law and sister in law. Not only family but great friends too. Lifts the spirits 🙂
2. The weather gave us a break and we sat out for most of the afternoon and evening: hurrah!
3. had some really good feedback on my creations particularly Maley the mournful wizard:
Why not pop over and say hello in Facebook land? (if you have a fan page, leave us a message – we like back!)
Hello, sorry too busy/tired yesterday to put these up. So, here they are now..
1) Not selling a lot at the market meant I had plenty of time to create! Meet Marly the mournful wizard and Welda the worried witch. It was only this morning I realised how their expressions may have unwittingly been reflecting my thoughts and feelings when I created them!
2. We had a couple of friends (Gail and Rob) pop round for some drinks and a fabulous lunch conjured up by the lovely Andrea
3. Went to a meeting of the union de commercants et artisans of Felletin. There are some good things in the pipeline for our home town. Can’t tell you everything, but one of our bakers is reopening on Monday so that is brilliant.
Hope your friday was good, and your weekend even better!
Isn’t it funny (perhaps the wrong word!) that when something potentially bad happens it doesn’t drag you down? Here are today’s positives:
1) We had a water leak this morning. Yep, I woke up and went down to prepare breakfast to find a pretty big water leak. The positive that came out of this? Well, I managed to prepare and serve breakfast (after putting containers down to catch most of the water) without the guests being any the wiser, called the plumber (Barlaud in Felletin for those of you in the area) who managed to sort it before 11am. All without disrupting our guests in the B&B. Nice one.
2) The sun. It has been playing hide and seek with us in central France, lately. But it came out and we caught some rays, walking Basil, and sitting outside.
3) Had a visit from our friends, Bruce and Sue. Short but sweet.
Hope your day was a good one 🙂
P.S. It is our dog’s birthday tomorrow. Like our facebook page and like and comment on the giveaway post and you could win this lovely wizard/witch hat:
Here are three positive things that occured in Felt.Buzz land, on Tuesday 29th July:
1) I completed a couple of pieces of felt work yesterday. Not as sure as I was before as to where I am going with it, but it is part of the creative process to have doubts and sometimes you ignore them and produce something great and other times your doubts lead to something even better. We’ll wait and see…
2) Had a lovely walk with Basil the dog. There are so many trees and bushes overladen with fruit at the moment (very early). It will be a bumper year for jam and sloe gin!
3) Another day with the B&B full. But no meals to prepare so felt quite relaxed and we only had one room to prepare yesterday. Managed to catch up with ironing (get it out of the way for another week or so!) so that is good too.
Looking forward to Wednesday: hope it brings you productivity and joy!
If you liked this post, why not pop over to our facebook page and say ‘Hi’
Opps, bit late on posting Sunday’s 3 positives. Was so tired last night I decided to treat myself to sleep rather than blogging! Anyhoo, here are a selection of positives that happened yesterday..
1. Started work on a new project. Not going to say much at the moment, but it does involve a pumpkin…
2. Took some photos of the dragon I made at the market (and finished at la Boutique du Coin, on Saturday). Here is one of them:
3. After a busy morning at the Bed and Breakfast, we had an afternoon and evening free. Went to Blessac for the vide grenier (car boot sale to all you UK types), bought 4 necklace displays and some things for the B&B and bought a kilo of blueberries (of which only 500g made it home, the rest took a ride in our bellies). Great weather yesterday too. Had lunch sitting out in the sun, and dinner too.
Hope you had a good weekend and are looking forward to a positive week.
Hello, hope you have had a good Thursday. Mine was good, here are just three good things.
1. Finished the mini hat this morning. It is going to feature in the first Felt.Buzz facebook page giveaway: like our page to find out more!
2. Made two finger puppets today. One was a unicorn:
The other was a version of an old favourite Patch (see Etsy listing for an idea of what he looks like, I will post some pictures tomorrow). He will be on sale tomorrow at the market, and if he isn’t adopted will go to Vallière to the Boutique du Coin on Saturday
3. The sun has been shining today, which meant I could spend some of my felting time outside getting some much needed vitamin D! We are full again in the B&B, but no change overs so it felt like quite a chilled day (even with the early (perhaps because of it) 6.30am start).
Well, I’ll wish you a good night and a happy Friday. Market day in Felletin tomorrow, so I have to be up early to prepare for that, as well as doing breakfasts 🙂
If you like this post please like our facebook page! Thank you!
Time to list three good things that happened (or I made happen) today.
1) Managed to write a few blog posts today, and had a really good reaction from those that have been published. Having a good response on my Facebook page too.
2) Started a ‘mini hat’ using a different process, which will make it lighter (so people with thinner hair will be able to wear it), and it quicker to make, so I can sell it at a cheaper price.
3) Had a visit from some friends, so sat out in the sun for an hour or so before getting back to work (we are full again in the Bed and Breakfast).
Think I have managed to sneak more than three positives in there!
Hope you had at least three good things happen today.
Here are todays 3 Felt.Buzz positives:
1. I managed to take some good photos of the earrings I made yesterday and got them on Etsy
2. I made another earring using a couple of half franc pieces Andrea found yesterday and got that on Etsy (see below)
3. Another better weather day than was forecast: lovely walk with Andrea and Basil, will have another one after our guests have left the table (yet another positive our Bed and Breakfast is full today).
Today was a good day. Here are just three reasons why:
1) I spent 3 hours at the Boutique du coin in Vallière, had a chat with some nice people, and the sun was shining
2) Made a felt butterfly whilst ‘working’ in the boutique. I had set a goal to make a butterfly this weekend so objective achieved!
3) Had some good feedback on my creations on Twitter and Facebook today: warms the cockles of my heart, so it does.
Hope you had a good day 🙂
If you like this please like our facebook page 😉