I haven’t posted on here for a couple of days, mostly because we have been having a good time with our family. Here are Sunday and Mondays positives:
1) Despite the heavens opening as we were about to leave the house, the rest of the day was rain free. Actual sunshine and heat: lovely.
2) Went to Lac de Vassiviere, had lunch outside overlooking the lake and took a boat over to the island
3) Had a lot of laughs
1) Looks like the summer has finally arrived. It makes such a difference when the sun shines 🙂
2) We’re full in the bed and breakfast, so did breakfast, got two rooms ready and greeted the guests: everyone happy
3) Had a lovely evening with Andrea, and went on a nice evening stroll with Basil too. Life is good
Also, the first Felt.Buzz giveaway ended yesterday so we need to congratulate our winner of our mini witch/wizard hat: well done Gypsy Mortisha Cassavetes!
Have a lovely Tuesday 🙂
Morning all. Didn’t manage to write my three positive comments last night, so here they are now:
1. Number one has to be the weekend visit of Sian and Paul, my brother in law and sister in law. Not only family but great friends too. Lifts the spirits 🙂
2. The weather gave us a break and we sat out for most of the afternoon and evening: hurrah!
3. had some really good feedback on my creations particularly Maley the mournful wizard:
Why not pop over and say hello in Facebook land? (if you have a fan page, leave us a message – we like back!)
Hello, sorry too busy/tired yesterday to put these up. So, here they are now..
1) Not selling a lot at the market meant I had plenty of time to create! Meet Marly the mournful wizard and Welda the worried witch. It was only this morning I realised how their expressions may have unwittingly been reflecting my thoughts and feelings when I created them!
2. We had a couple of friends (Gail and Rob) pop round for some drinks and a fabulous lunch conjured up by the lovely Andrea
3. Went to a meeting of the union de commercants et artisans of Felletin. There are some good things in the pipeline for our home town. Can’t tell you everything, but one of our bakers is reopening on Monday so that is brilliant.
Hope your friday was good, and your weekend even better!
Isn’t it funny (perhaps the wrong word!) that when something potentially bad happens it doesn’t drag you down? Here are today’s positives:
1) We had a water leak this morning. Yep, I woke up and went down to prepare breakfast to find a pretty big water leak. The positive that came out of this? Well, I managed to prepare and serve breakfast (after putting containers down to catch most of the water) without the guests being any the wiser, called the plumber (Barlaud in Felletin for those of you in the area) who managed to sort it before 11am. All without disrupting our guests in the B&B. Nice one.
2) The sun. It has been playing hide and seek with us in central France, lately. But it came out and we caught some rays, walking Basil, and sitting outside.
3) Had a visit from our friends, Bruce and Sue. Short but sweet.
Hope your day was a good one 🙂
P.S. It is our dog’s birthday tomorrow. Like our facebook page and like and comment on the giveaway post and you could win this lovely wizard/witch hat:
Some days are much more suited to positive thoughts than others. At least, some days it is a struggle to see the positives. Not that anything bads happens, particularly: something just doesn’t click. Which is why, on such days it is even more important to look deliberately for the good stuff.
1. A good long walk with the dog cleared my head, and lightened my mood. The sun came out, birds were singing (and fighting a little bit), and hardly any man-made noise. Lovely.
2. A visit from our lovely friend Sam, always guaranteed to lift your mood
3. Managed to write two positive posts today, plus a Spotlight. Not done much felt-work today, but some. And tomorrow is a whole new day 🙂
If you like this post, why not pop over to facebook and say ‘hi’
Here are three positive things that occured in Felt.Buzz land, on Tuesday 29th July:
1) I completed a couple of pieces of felt work yesterday. Not as sure as I was before as to where I am going with it, but it is part of the creative process to have doubts and sometimes you ignore them and produce something great and other times your doubts lead to something even better. We’ll wait and see…
2) Had a lovely walk with Basil the dog. There are so many trees and bushes overladen with fruit at the moment (very early). It will be a bumper year for jam and sloe gin!
3) Another day with the B&B full. But no meals to prepare so felt quite relaxed and we only had one room to prepare yesterday. Managed to catch up with ironing (get it out of the way for another week or so!) so that is good too.
Looking forward to Wednesday: hope it brings you productivity and joy!
If you liked this post, why not pop over to our facebook page and say ‘Hi’
Late again, but have had too many early mornings in a row to stay up updating the blog before sleep calls. So here are Mondays good things
1. Completed the prototype for my new project. Need to scale it down, so looking forward to that today. I also spent time updating my blog, which I was pleased with as I had given myself the weekend off, and it can sometimes be difficult to get kickstarted again.
2. There was enough gaps in the rain for me to sit outside with a coffee and do some felting, as well as play rugby with the Basil dog!
3. We had noone arriving (or leaving) yesterday, in the B&B, (which could be seen as a negative in high season but I choose to see it positively because): this meant no cleaning of rooms and Andrea had a chance to chill together. Enjoying the smells from the kitchen too: Andrea brewing up some batches of apricot jam
Opps, bit late on posting Sunday’s 3 positives. Was so tired last night I decided to treat myself to sleep rather than blogging! Anyhoo, here are a selection of positives that happened yesterday..
1. Started work on a new project. Not going to say much at the moment, but it does involve a pumpkin…
2. Took some photos of the dragon I made at the market (and finished at la Boutique du Coin, on Saturday). Here is one of them:
3. After a busy morning at the Bed and Breakfast, we had an afternoon and evening free. Went to Blessac for the vide grenier (car boot sale to all you UK types), bought 4 necklace displays and some things for the B&B and bought a kilo of blueberries (of which only 500g made it home, the rest took a ride in our bellies). Great weather yesterday too. Had lunch sitting out in the sun, and dinner too.
Hope you had a good weekend and are looking forward to a positive week.
Evening all, hope you are enjoying your Saturday. Here are my Felt.Buzz three positives of the day:
1. Did a shift at the Boutique du Coin in Vallière. Had some good chats with customers and other artisans and producters. Managed to find time to do some felting too. Didn’t sell any of my stuff, but one of my acorn garlands was sold this morning 🙂
(not this one, but one like it)
2. Had some time to relax outside (after doing breakfast for 9): lunch outside the house, lovely. And then this evening we sat in the town square, watching the world go by (and a large honking procession of wedding cars), and ate pizza and chips! Got to love carb on carb action!
3. Went for a post dinner walk. Took some photos (using the tablet):
Had some suggestions and thoughts for some new felt projects too. All in all, a pretty good day.
How about you?
You can Like us on Facebook if you like this post. Thank you!
Hello everyone, hope you had a good Friday and have a fantastic weekend to look forward to.
Here are just three positives from today:
1. I sold some stuff at the market today (hurrah) including this wizard
which I am kind of sorry to see go, so will have to magic up another (but different wizard)
2. I made a dragon finger puppet whilst at the market, and got a lot of positive comments about my hat (if you missed it this is it:
3. Another busy day at the B&B, we are full, but no evening meals so despite getting up at 6, doing breakfast, then going to market, and cleaning the rooms, once we’d welcomed the guests in and left them to have a ‘bonne soirée’ it has felt like a bit of a day off. Funny old world, innit?
An addition plus was the weather has been pretty good (apart from the blip of the thunderstorm half way through the day) so we have enjoyed the sun, and a nice evening walk.
Here was the view from our bedroom window a couple of hours ago:
Life is good: have a good evening 🙂
(if you like this post, please like our facebook page, thank you).